Little bits of candied ginger are optional, but add a nice, subtle touch. These would be great with a dollop of Greek yogurt and drizzle of maple syrup.
PUMPKIN GINGER WAFFLES
source: One Perfect Bite
- 1-1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 t ground ginger
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 c finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 c buttermilk
- 1/2 c canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3/4 t vanilla extract
- 3 t unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of flour mixture and toss with crystallized ginger in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Combine with flour mixture.
- Stir in butter and fold in reserved crystallized-ginger mixture. Do not overmix.
- Heat a waffle iron and make waffles, using about 1/2 cup batter per each one.
Keep warm in 200 degree F oven, if desired. Yield: 5 Waffles.